Identification, objectives, and purposes
Dekolor SRL is the company responsible for the process of issuing driver’s licenses in the Dominican Republic, being hired by the National Institute of Traffic and Land Transportation ( in Spanish Instituto Nacional de Tránsito y Transporte Terrestre – INTRANT). Within the scope of our competencies, we proposed to bring the services to the taxpayers to obtain their renewal and duplicate of their driver’s license, keeping them informed and understanding everything that affects their needs in these processes. As well as to be accountable to the user of their situation and the INTRANT Driver’s License Division; in addition to impulse the application of quality management models promoting the continuous improvement of the services offered.
Our main mission is to provide all services related to the renewal and duplication of driver’s licenses and the performance of the due processes such as registration, data capture, photos, and signature; printing and delivery of the final document.
This service letter is prepared and made public to communicate the services that Dekolor provides, the quality commitments associated with them, as well as the rights and obligations of users, to satisfy their needs and expectations.
List of face-to-face services provided
Dekolor, within the scope of its powers, provides the following services:
• Renewal of driver’s licenses of all categories
• Duplicate due to data modification.
• Doubled due to impairment or loss.
The letter of commitment and its results can be consulted:
– The letter of commitment and its results will be transmitted by email, by the internal messaging system, and publication in printed support on internal communication walls.
– By memorandum to the rest of the staff.
– The letter of commitment and its results can be consulted on the Dekolor website.
Following the provisions, every taxpayer has the right to obtain information and guidance about the legal or technical requirements that the current provisions impose on the service requests they submit.
Taxpayers have, among others, the following rights:
• To know, at any time, the status of the processing of your application.
• To identify the managers and staff under whose responsibility the procedures are processed.
• To obtain information on the services and processes offered quickly and efficiently.
• To be attended directly and personally.
• To be treated with respect by employees.
• To receive an express resolution on the submitted application.
• Driver’s license renewal
To obtain the renewal of the driver’s license, present the necessary physical documentation (valid identity and electoral card of the Dominican Republic, receipts for payment of taxes for INTRANT services by online payment, with credit or debit card or at any Banreservas branch and license expired). In the case of a category 4 driver’s license renewal process, in addition to the aforementioned documents, a medical certificate and a certificate of good conduct issued by the Attorney General of the Dominican Republic (PGR) must be included.
• Duplicate driver’s license due to data change or deterioration
To obtain a duplicate of the driver’s license by data modification, you must present your previous driver’s license, your valid identity and electoral card of the Dominican Republic, and receipts for payment of taxes for INTRANT services for payment online, with a credit or debit card or at any Banreservas branch.
• Duplicate driver’s license for loss
To obtain the license in case of being a duplicate due to loss, a certificate of loss complaint issued by the National Police is required, physically present your valid identity and electoral card of the Dominican Republic and receipts for payment of taxes for services of INTRANT by payment online, with credit or debit card or at any Banreservas branch.
• Provide Dekolor employees with all the necessary information.
• The presentation of complaints and suggestions that they wish to express about the operation of the services, and which will be incorporated into the corresponding complaints and suggestions box and through the Dekolor website.
Institutional client obligations (INTRANT)
INTRANT must provide guidelines for changes or improvements to the services offered as follows:
• Changes or improvements presentations through written communication addressed to Dekolor’s General Management.
• Compliance with the assistance of other institutions’ personnel or dependencies involved in the processes.
When the services provided to taxpayers by Dekolor do not respond to the quality commitment contracted, users will be able to communicate through the presentation of complaints and suggestions about the operation of the services, being entered into the complaints and suggestions box or through the Dekolor website.
When the services provided by Dekolor to INTRANT do not respond to the quality commitments contracted, INTRANT may inform Dekolor’s General Management by written communication.
In cases of non-compliance to the taxpayer, within 72 working hours, a communication will be sent signed by the highest authority of Dekolor, presenting the corresponding apologies, informing the reasons why the committee could not be fulfilled, as well as the measures, are taken to correct the deficiency detected, if possible.
In cases of non-compliance to INTRANT, within 72 working hours, a communication will be sent signed by the highest authority of Dekolor, presenting the corresponding apologies, informing the reasons why the committee could not be fulfilled, as well as the measures, are taken to correct the deficiency detected, if possible.
The content of the letter of reply to a complaint or claim includes:
company logo, date of response to the letter, name to whom it is addressed, cordial and affectionate greeting, breakdown of the content of the complaint or claim, paragraph presentation of the rule that admits correction, the wording of the correction of the complaint, claim or suggestion, signature of the general manager and seal of the company.
If the complaint, suggestion, and claim warrant a phone call, the Quality and Customer Service Coordinator and/or General Manager must personally call the person who presented the complaint, suggestion, or claim.
Law No. 63-17, on Mobility, Land Transportation, Traffic and Road Safety of the Dominican Republic.
Forms of participation
Users can make suggestions to improve Dekolor’s letter of commitment, through the formal mechanisms established:
• Opinion polls.
• Indirect contact while the service is provided.
• Digital mailbox.
• Suggestions will be considered and taken into account for subsequent revisions of the letter.
Presentation of complaints and claims
Ways to submit complaints and suggestions
The forms are available to taxpayers at the driver’s license renewal and duplicate issuance office located on the 5th floor of the Multicentro La Sirena Churchill. In those forms, taxpayers can record their complaints or expose as many initiatives or suggestions as they deem appropriate to improve the operation.
Through the email email@example.com or by filling out the complaints and suggestions form at www.dekolor.com.
• Issuance of renewal of the driver’s license will not exceed 45 minutes once the taxpayer starts the process.
• Issuance of duplicate driver’s licenses will not exceed 45 minutes once the taxpayer starts the process.
1) Average time elapsed of the driver’s license renewal process after the user is registered in the Dekolor system.
2) Average time elapsed of the driver’s license duplication process after the user was registered in the Dekolor system.
The measurement of all the indicators will be carried out daily at the end of the working day and the Quality and Customer Service Department are responsible for the measurement and corresponding analysis.
Date of entry into force and term of validity
Effective Date: May 15, 2019
Authorized by Dekolor General Manager
Validity period: 12 months
The unit responsible for the letter of commitment
Quality and Customer Service Department
Churchill Multicentro, 5th Floor
Driver’s License Renewal Center
Address and opening hours to the public
Quality and Customer Service Department
Av. Winston Churchill, inside Multicentro La Sirena, 5to. flat
Santo Domingo Dominican Republic
Monday to Saturday from 8:00 a.m. at 6:00 pm
Sundays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Phone (809) 566-6103
WhatsApp (809) 501-4311